Make Your Own Almond Coconut Power Bars
Almond Coconut Power Bars
- food processor
- 8" x 8" baking dish
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter, and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine, about 10 seconds.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Add melted coconut oil and vanilla to food processor, and pulse to combine.
- Press mixture into baking dish and chill in refrigerator for one hour to harden mixture.
- In a small saucepan, melt the dark chocolate chips over very low heat, stirring continuously.
- Spread melted chocolate over chilled mixture. Return dish to refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden the melted chocolate.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars, and serve chilled.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute dairy-free baking chips for the chocolate chips. Keeps well refrigerated in an airtight container.
Calories: 250kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 6gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 75mgPotassium: 245mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 97mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please login to access your members-only content.