Print Recipe Download PDF
Almond Butter & Banana Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats dry
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashew milk unsweetened
- 1 banana medium, ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp Medjool dates pitted, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium pot with a lid over medium heat. Add the oats and toast in the coconut oil for about a minute until oats are fragrant.
- Carefully add the water and the cashew milk to the pot and then stir in the mashed banana and vanilla. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the oats are tender, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Stir in the almond butter and sprinkle with date pieces. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 11gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 88mgPotassium: 434mgFiber: 9gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 38IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!