Print Recipe Download PDF
This two ingredient recipe is a great tortilla alternative if you are steering clear of gluten or just love plantains!
- 1 pot
- 1 food processor
- 1 pan
- 2 plantains
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut each plantain into 4-5 pieces.
- Boil plantains for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove the peels. Add peeled pieces of plantain and salt to your food processor or blender and blend until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Separate dough into smaller sections and press into tortillas. A tortilla press is great if you have one – if you do not, we suggest using a piece of parchment paper or zipper lock bags under and on top of tortillas to keep them from sticking together.
- Heat a pan over medium and cook the tortillas, flipping sides until they are cooked through. We like just a little char. Make some delicious tacos (we have some delicious recipes!) and enjoy!
Add some seasonings to the plantains while in the food processor if you are feeling a little spicy – chili lime seasoning powder is one of our favorites.
Calories: 437kcalCarbohydrates: 114gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSodium: 2340mgPotassium: 1744mgFiber: 6gSugar: 63gVitamin A: 4045IUVitamin C: 66mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!