Print Recipe Download PDF
Salsa Verde Salmon with Tomatoes & Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup brown rice dry, uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 10 oz salmon fillet
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions on the package.
- About 15 minutes before the rice is done cooking, heat half the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, tomatoes and salt. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side, or until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the capers, parsley, vinegar and remaining olive oil. Mix well.
- Divide brown rice onto plates and top with salmon and salsa verde. Enjoy!
You can use quinoa, couscous, cauliflower rice, basmati or jasmine rice in place of brown rice. Leftovers will refrigerate well for 2 to 3 days. Olives can be substituted for capers.
Calories: 529kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 33gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 778mgPotassium: 1188mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1417IUVitamin C: 44mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!