Print Recipe Download PDF
This delicious bowl is packed full of both vegetables and flavor – at the same time!
Mediterranean Everything Bowl
- 2 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tbsp thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- To make the marinade, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then whisk in the finely chopped fresh herbs. Combine the marinade and chicken breast in a container or zipper lock bag for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if possible. Reserve some of the marinade to use as a sauce for the finished bowl, or make a bit extra.
- Cook the rice according to package directions and chop veggies ahead of time to easily assemble the bowls once the chicken is done.
- Cook the chicken until internal temperature reaches 165° F (74° C). We prefer grilling or cooking in a cast iron skillet. As the chicken is cooking, divide the rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus, and broccoli between two bowls. Top with grilled chicken, reserved marinade, and more fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Make this a vegan bowl by simply omitting the chicken. It will still be delicious!
Calories: 951kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 36gFat: 65gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 43gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 393mgPotassium: 1199mgFiber: 12gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1787IUVitamin C: 98mgCalcium: 227mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!