This delicious bowl is packed full of both vegetables and flavor – at the same time!
Mediterranean Everything Bowl
- 2 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tbsp thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- To make the marinade, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then whisk in the finely chopped fresh herbs. Combine the marinade and chicken breast in a container or zipper lock bag for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if possible. Reserve some of the marinade to use as a sauce for the finished bowl, or make a bit extra.
- Cook the rice according to package directions and chop veggies ahead of time to easily assemble the bowls once the chicken is done.
- Cook the chicken until internal temperature reaches 165° F (74° C). We prefer grilling or cooking in a cast iron skillet. As the chicken is cooking, divide the rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus, and broccoli between two bowls. Top with grilled chicken, reserved marinade, and more fresh herbs. Enjoy!